NBA Seeks Communications Director
The National Bison Association, a non-profit organization representing over 1,100 ranchers, marketers and bison enthusiasts, is seeking a Director of Communications and Outreach.
The Director of Communications and Outreach will report to the Executive Director, and will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Assistant Director to develop and implement communication strategies to broaden the impact of the National Bison Association.
The Communications Director will also serve as a primary coordinator for Bison 1 Million and Bison Hump Day promotional activities.
This position will also develop and implement programs to expand the outreach and membership recruitment efforts of the National Bison Association.
This position is budgeted at 20 hours/week with the position ideally expanding to full time as the NBA develops the Bison 1 Million initiative work plan and budget in the Spring of 2018.
- Collaborate with the NBA professional staff to develop communications strategies that will broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact.
- Identify significant media and public policy issues that can be leveraged to support the National Bison Association’s work, and create and implement plans to exploit them.
- Serve as editor of Bison World, the association’s quarterly magazine publication.
- Develop and manage advertising outreach and sales to include Bison World, Trading Board, Banner Ads, sponsorships and other tools.
- Manage the association’s social media accounts, primarily Instagram and Facebook.
- Assist with coordination of the association’s Weekly Update e-newsletter.
- Provide membership outreach and recruitment through direct contact, organizing
- Provide basic graphic design for banner ads, infographics, social media and member outreach, etc.
- Assist the association in organizing and facilitating its bi-annual conferences and annual bison auction.
- Communications experience that includes a blend of advocacy and media relations.
- Ability to work well with a small group of staff, with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work remotely with little supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/journalism.
- Photography and/or videography capabilities.
- Experience in the bison business and/or sustainable agriculture
Applicants can work remotely. Some travel to Denver and other locales will be required.
To apply, please submit a resume with a one-page cover letter explaining why you are uniquely qualified for this job. Please submit applications to email@example.com by December 31, 2017.