Bison Research Library
Thanks to the support of the National Buffalo Foundation and help from members of the NBA Science and Research Committee, NBA members now have access to a thorough library of bison-specific research. The Complete Review of Bison Literature Review project, conducted by Dr. Gerald Huntington, offers full access to nearly 2,000 research papers to NBA members. The papers are organized on a free web service called Zotera, which, according to it’s website, zotera.org, “is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you collect, organize, cite, and share research.”
- See Dr. Huntington’s full report on the literature review here.
- See a citation list with links to the paper’s details and abstracts here.
- To join the Bison Publications group go to: https://www.zotero.org/groups/2186770/bison_publications and follow the steps in this illustrated guideline explained in detail here. The steps are as follows:
- Register with the Zotero website.
- Join the “Bison publications” group
- Search “Bison” in the Group Search Tool
- Select “Bison publications”, then “Join” the group
If you are an NBA member your application will be approved. After approval (you won’t be notified) you can log on to Zotero, find the Bison publication group, open the group library to look at the reference database and download the pdf publication from the reference of your choice.
Special thanks to Dr. Murray Woodbury, University of Saskatchewan, for his help in organizing and administering this project.