2020 NBA Winter Conference
January 22 – 25, 2020
- Register here.
- See special NBA 25th Anniversary Sponsorship Opportunities here.
- See a tentative conference agenda here.
Save the date!
Room reservation deadline is January 6, 2020
Renaissance – Stapleton Hotel Reservation line: 303-399-7500, or online here. Request the National Bison Association room block for the discounted rate of $133/night (double occupancy), or $138/night which includes a hot buffet breakfast. (Breakfast is not served at the conference). For those flying in for the conference, see hotel transfer options here.
See a tentative conference agenda here.
Conference Sponsorship Opportunities
Sponsorships are excellent ways to get your business noticed and say “I support the bison industry!”. This year’s sponsorship opportunities include a variety of advertising options to utilize throughout the year, as well as smaller, conference-specific sponsorships. All include extensive recognition at the conference as well as in follow up print, digital and social media exposure to the most targeted bison-specific audience in the business. Peruse our many sponsorship opportunities here. Contact the NBA to reserve your sponsorship by emailing email@example.com, or by calling us at 303-292-2833.
Contests – 2020 Contest Details Coming Soon
The 2020 Winter Conference will feature four contests that focus on both the young and the old.
- Best Bison Soup Recipe – This year’s recipe contest will feature your Best Bison Soup recipe, in which we ask NBA members to submit their best bison-based soup recipe (no chili please). The submissions will be judged by the culinary professionals at our host hotel’s kitchen with the top recipe will be served for the Thursday conference luncheon. Cash prizes will be offered as follows; 1st place – $250, 2nd place – $150, and 3rd place – $100. Special thanks to Quality Auction Service for sponsoring this event! See full contest rules here, and please submit your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20, 2019.
- Youth Photo Contest – We’re please to announce the return of the kids’ photo contest. This year’s contest will feature cash awards for the top three spots – 1st place – $100, 2nd place – $75, 3rd place – $50. Special thanks to the Texas Bison Association for sponsoring this event! There will again be three classes: Grades 5-6, 7-9, and 10-12. The top three entries from each class will win cash prizes, and each first place winner will be featured in the Bison World Magazine. For younger children (Kindergarten – 4th grade) that wish to participate – please submit photos for a chance to have your artwork displayed at the conference! ELIGIBILITY: The NBA Winter Conference Art Contest is open to children and grandchildren of NBA members and InterTribal Buffalo Council members. See all the details, and how to submit photos for consideration here. Also, please download and complete this entry form when you submit your photos.
- Adult Photo Contest – Similarly, we’re offering an adult photo contest as well for any member over the age of 18. As with the children’s contest, the top three entries will receive cash awards for the top three spots – 1st place – $200, 2nd place – $100, 3rd place – $75 and will be featured in Bison World Magazine. See all the details, and how to submit photos for consideration here. Also, please download and complete this entry form when you submit your photos. Again, thanks to the Texas Bison Association for sponsoring the contest.
- Junior Judging – The annual Junior Judging competition, in which two age brackets judge bison that are there for the Gold Trophy Show and Sale, and compete for trophies and three individual scholarships totaling $3,600. Learn more about the Junior Judging event here. The Jr. Judging Scholarships are made possible by donations from these businesses:
1st place sponsor, $1,500 – The National Buffalo Foundation
2nd place sponsor, $1,200 – Rocky Mountain Buffalo Association
3rd place sponsor, $900 – Rocky Mountain Natural Meats